We're Airsorted. Our mission is to make hosting hassle-free for everyone.
We've grown quickly. Since launching in 2015, we've signed up thousands of happy hosts, helping them to make over £80,000,000 in earnings.
The business has now expanded worldwide – we're operating in over 22 cities globally, from Auckland to Tel Aviv, and there's a lot more to come.
Airsorted provides short-stay and vacation rental management services to 600+ properties in Sydney, Melbourne, Queensland, Perth and Auckland, having entered the region in early 2017.
This role is a chance to join an industry-leading venture-backed startup creating real-world value. It's right for you because it calls for both your innovative approach and people-centric management style. It's a considerable challenge and an opportunity to learn and develop a great deal.
The goal of the Brisbane Operations Manager is to solidify and extend Airsorted's position as Brisbane's leading homestay management service. We are looking for an individual who will be instrumental in our local growth. Drive our success and be part of global expansion
The Brisbane's Operations Manager's mandate is to solidify our operations in the city and grow Airsorted's business in the city - to fulfil our mission to make hosting hassle-free for everyone.
- Bring Brisbane City service quality in line with Airsorted global benchmarks
- Improve fulfilment of core services such as cleaning, linen delivery and guest check in
- Evangelise the Customer Promise and invest in training to raise CSat and NPS
- Collaborate with global stakeholders to source global best practice to replicate and localise where necessary.
- Recruit, develop and retain high performing team members
- Define excellence in the recruitment process and hire bar-raisers
- Ensure quality training and coaching is provided to team members
- Maintain a supportive, fulfilling and rewarding culture to support staff retention
- Grow inventory and available nights in the region
- Work with the ANZ Director to identify and execute local growth opportunities
- Drive targeted performance improvements through the growth funnel
- Establish a clear path to operating profitability
- Optimise team resourcing for seasonal demand and geographies
- Manage regional cost base to grow sustainably
- Lead local implementation of global strategic projects
- Develop local use cases for global Product and Technology initiatives
- Collaborate with the Strategy and Finance team to optimise our service offering and pricing in Brisbane.
- Build a positive reputation and network within related industries and public affairs
- Interpret the regulatory and political frameworks that influence the short-term rental industry and demonstrate that Airsorted is a positive contributor
- Build relationships with key players including OTAs (Airbnb, Booking.com), real estate investors and operators, as well as Airsorted's competitor set.
The Operations (City) Manager will carry line management responsibilities for local Supplier Management and local Client Success team members. . About you:
- You will have previous experience within an operational capacity
- Understand how to execute a clear business strategy with consistency and reliability against our local competitors
- Will use data to analyse and evaluate when making decisions
- Have advanced experience in problem solving in a high pressured environment
- Proven experience of streamlining processes to simplify workload and increase productivity
- You will have worked within a target driven environment to meet our customer values
- You will have managed a large team of direct and indirect reports
- You will possess proven experience of building and retaining a team
- You will have an understanding of how to coach, mentor, motivate a team to bring out the best productivity and create great team culture
- You will have experience using recruitment metrics
Marketing & Growth
- You will have executed local growth campaign and be able to give clear examples of this
- You will understand how to build partnerships to increase profitability
- Experience of how to drive PR to build a strong brand presence within the local market
Additional skills that would be great to see
Additional things we give you:
- You will have proven experience working within growth environment ideally a start up, that has transitioned from series A to Series B Your time management and organisational skills will be excellent
- Preferably has experience of working with technology that has a real-world impact
- Degree equivalent to 2:1 or above
- Salary - Competitive salary depending on experience
- Stock options– so when we make it big, so do you
- 25 paid holiday days – an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
- Airbnb allowance – take a well-deserved break at an Airbnb property, on us
- Enhanced Parental Leave – Family comes first. We offer great parental leave to spend time with your new child, regardless of your gender
- Career development – unique opportunities to learn and progress in one of the UK's leading startups
- Enviable company culture – we've put time into getting our work culture just right. Regular team social events, company-wide recognition of outstanding work, free snacks and drinks every day – we've got it all
- Pawternity leave – work from home for a week when you get a new pet, to help them settle in